Dumbarton Football Club - Sons of the Rock 1872

Dunfermline Ath (2) v Dumbarton (2)

Saturday 25th November 2017, Kick Off 3pm

Ladbrokes Championship

THERE is a group of Dumbarton fans who have the privilege of saying: "I was there.

The 68th minute of this game was one such moment. Video footage can do it a measure of justice, but it can't match seeing it in real time, in the flesh. It just can't.

Dimitris Froxylias had been introduced as a substitute three minutes earlier, the score being 1-1 after Tom Walsh's opener was equalised by Calum Morris.

In a flash of sheer genius, he made for the corner of the area, tying two Dunfermline defenders in knots en route, before bending home a precise finish.

If you see a better goal, at any level of football, consider yourself very privileged. Had it been scored in a higher profile division, they'd extend the TV highlights just to show endless replays.

The only thing missing was justice. It deserved to be the winner; it ended up only being enough for a point, with Nicky Clark levelling for the Pars with two minutes left.

It was a result Sons would have accepted prior to kick-off. But a moment of such magic merited a more positive impact on the scoreline.

Games don't come much more 'game of two halves' than this one. The opening 45 minutes saw a lot of hard work from each side, but little to suggest a goal.

On nine minutes Calum Smith met a Ryan Williamson cross, only for a fortunate deflection off Sam Wardrop to carry it wide.

That was it until the 37th minute, when Fraser Aird's shot carried pace, but was off target.

Dumbarton had lacked in chances of their own - but that was more than made up for after the break.

And after Walsh had forced the keeper into an early save after a fine run down the left, he went one better on 51 minutes.

His low, driven shot found the net and Sons, for the fifth time in seven away league games this season, scored first.

They had only won one of the previous four - and within four minutes of this one they had it all to do again.

A free kick from the Pars saw the ball bounce around the area before Morris scored on the turn. It was the first goal conceded by Sons in 399 minutes.

Walsh forced another save from the keeper, and that was followed by Froxylias' moment of magic. He hadn't played since October 28. It took him three minutes to remind people of his ability.

Dunfermline did offer a response, but after Declan McManus' glancing header missed the target, things seemed to be going in Sons' favour.

But Clark had never failed to score when playing for the Pars against Dumbarton - and wasn't going to lose that record quietly.

In the end, his task in continuing it was quite simple. After Scott Gallacher had done well to block from Joe Cardle, the ball was crossed to Clark, who headed home from close range.

Still undoubtedly a good point, but some things just don't get what they deserve.

Dunfermline Athletic: Murdoch; Williamson, Morris, Ashcroft, Higginbotham (Cardle 55), Wedderburn, Clark, Talbot, Aird (McManus 70), Smith, Shiels (Paton 55). Subs: Gill; Martin, M'Voto. Booked: Talbot.

Dumbarton: S Gallacher; McLaughlin, Dowie, Carswell, C Gallagher (Nade 73), Stewart, Walsh (Johnston 83), Wardrop, Hutton, Morrison (Froxylias 65), Barr. Subs: Ewings; Hill, Roy, Prior. Booked: Morrison, Hutton, Wardrop, Nade, S Gallacher.

Referee: Nick Walsh.

Andy Galloway